A bit about us:
The Senior Superintendent is responsible for coordinating and supervising all phases of the field work performed by subcontractors and vendors in constructing high density residential and mixed-use projects. The position reports to the General Superintendent or Vice President of Construction. This position works directly with the Project Manager and other team members in ensuring the timely and safe completion of projects and delivery of high-quality product. This position is also responsible for project oversight of third-party inspections, inspections and testing program requirements, quality control, safety and assisting the Pre-construction process analyzing schematic and design development plans for constructability, logistics, staging and schedule.
What You'll Do:
- Supervises and directs the efforts of Assistant Superintendents, Punch Carpenters and Laborers.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the project’s building officials and inspectors and is responsible for scheduling all required jurisdictional inspections and testing
- Identifies and makes recommendations to Project Manager regarding project risks including safety/loss control, subcontractor/supplier issues, site conditions and logistics, scheduling, change orders, and document conflicts
- Supervises and monitors work of all hired trades and punch carpenters and laborers.
- Reviews all subcontractor and vendor progress payment requests prior to the final processing of billing
- Provides noticing to all non-performing sub-contractors and when and where necessary requests termination and the hiring of replacements
- Prepares punch lists and ensures completion of all related work prior to inspections and product acceptance
- Inspects subcontractor’s work to ensure that it meets subcontracted obligations and Company quality standards
- Creates, maintains and updates project schedules as they relate to work in progress and the completion of project. Distributes schedule updates to the project subcontractors and vendors and provides schedule updates to the project team. Ensures tasks are finished accordingly
- Holds weekly safety and subcontractor meetings and maintains minutes of such meetings
- Ensures the timely ordering, delivery and storage of materials and parts necessary to construct and complete the project in accordance with the project schedule
- Monitors subcontractor compliance with project safety policies and program. Manages the site condition to ensure a safe work environment. Responsible for the oversight and enforcement of all job site safety procedures in compliance with OSHA policies and procedures
- Reviews plans in order to identify mistakes and inconsistencies and makes recommendations on how to resolve such issues
- Ensures duties not contracted out are being completed by other means
- Ensures that documentation and paperwork are organized within the filing system set forth by Company policies and practices
Works with Company hired third-party consultants and inspectors. Schedules third-party inspections of work in progress and ensures responses to any exceptions or punch list items noted by the consultants and inspectors
What You Need For The Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent is required. Ten years of experience working as a Senior Superintendent may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor Degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the multi-family construction industry, including supervising all phases of construction of high density residential and mixed-use projects, is required