A bit about us:
This full service firm has been around for more than 20 years, serving Northern California and the Western United States. They continue to expand due to the demand for their services and talent, and have grown more than 20% in the past year alone! A collegial and friendly team, people stay with the firm for their career.
Why join us?
Amazing health benefits. The firm offers more than five different plans and pays 100% for the employee. Spouse and family available with pre tax premiums. Unlimited vacation time! FSA accounts for childcare and medical. 401(k) and profit sharing plan where the firm contributes 100%.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Construction Litigation Attorney to join our dynamic legal team. This role offers a unique opportunity to work on a variety of litigation matters. The successful candidate will have a strong background in handling complex construction and commercial litigation cases. This position requires a minimum of 2 years of experience in the legal industry with a focus on civil litigation.
- Manage all aspects of construction and business litigation, including drafting pleadings, discovery, motion practice, and trial preparation.
- Conduct thorough legal research to support case preparation and provide legal advice to clients.
- Draft, review, and negotiate various legal documents related to construction and business litigation.
- Develop and implement litigation strategies in coordination with the legal team and clients.
- Attend court proceedings, mediations, and arbitrations as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting construction and business litigation.
- Collaborate with other attorneys, paralegals, and legal support staff to ensure efficient case management.
- Provide excellent client service by maintaining regular communication, providing updates, and addressing concerns promptly.
- Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law in CA and in good standing with the state bar.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in commercial litigation, civil litigation, and construction litigation.
- Proficiency in drafting and negotiating legal documents.
- Strong experience in the discovery process and trial preparation.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple cases and projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter who can work independently but also as part of a team.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in legal research tools and software.
- Knowledge of construction and business laws and regulations.