A bit about us:
A fast growth startup who recently secured their series B funding is looking to expand their team by bringing on a Senior Engineer to join their team. As a software engineer you will work on everything from APIs, data modeling/transfer and microservices to event-based architectures. The core business focus is centralized reinsurance, so tons of opportunity to use all new tools and technologies as they modernize the insurance industry as a whole. 100% remot
Why join us?
- 100% remote work
- Annual performance bonuses (20-25%)
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k with company match
- Exponential growth opportunities
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive compensation packages
- 4+ years of developing Python apps
- Experience with a framework like Flask or Django
- Experience building SaaS applications
- Experience building API’s
- Experience with Flask/Django frameworks
- DB/SQL skills. Ability to construct data storage and transfer mechanisms is key
- Experience with relational databases like Postgres and/or data warehouse solutions Snowflake is a big plus.
- You understand how to build secure and scalable architectures capable of ingesting and operating on millions of rows of data.
- You write testable and maintainable code. You write comprehensive tests with Pytest, other engineers have no problem deciphering your code and you are diligent enough with Git to make sure you’re not blowing everyone up with merge conflicts.
- Experience building event-based architectures using Kafka
- Experience building scalable API’s
- Experience with applications hosted on Kubernetes and the DevOps supporting them
- Experience producing build plans or RFC’s to break a problem statement into implementable milestones