A bit about us:
Being in business for over 70 years, we are an employee-owned full service Construction Manager/General Contractor, known for its work in the healthcare, education, high-tech, commercial, and municipal arenas. In addition to general contracting, we also offer pre-construction services, turnkey concrete, VDC/ BIM services, and special project services. Our work is performed under cost-plus-fee contracts, guaranteed maximum price, design build, fixed-price contracts, and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
** MUST have estimated on almost all the markets we touch and in the $10M - $80M range! **
- Professionally represent company and effectively support Company strategic initiatives
- Establish and foster positive long-term relationships with internal customers and business partners
- Execute policies and procedures
- Embraces a lean culture and work environment
- Cultivate new and existing business relationships by engaging in client pursuits, RFP's, and interviews; positively promote Company to external business partners and contacts
- Establish and foster positive long-term relationships with all business partners including owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors
- Cultivate and manage relationships with new and existing clients; Provide client with accurate estimates and value engineering
- Assume overall responsibility for the preconstruction stage of each project.
- Identify tasks to be accomplished in order to satisfy contractual requirements.
- Provide overall Preconstruction effort oversight and show ability to lead a project team and project solutions.
- Prepare estimates for all stages of design from Conceptual through Final Construction Documents (Design/Build, Guaranteed Maximum Price, and Hard Bid diversity).
- Organize departmental team so that each estimator involved knows responsibilities and deadlines.
- Demonstrates proficiency in scheduling complete Preconstruction effort including all estimate milestones, durations and identifying long lead items and other needs.
- Perform value engineering and life cycle costing.
- Participate with the Project Manager in award of all subcontracts and write all subcontracts before turning over to construction team.
- Single responsibility for large, complex projects.
- Establishes and fosters positive long-term relationships with all business partners
- Mentors/teaches junior estimators all aspects of preconstruction process.
- Shows ability to complete both large CM/GC projects as well as large, complex competitive bid projects.
- Demonstrates exceptional presentation and sales skills to assist and serve on RFP/Interview teams for new projects.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with new and existing clients. Must have independent sales strengths for presentations and projects pursuits.
- Responsible for providing the client with accurate estimates and value engineering.
- Manage estimating process through initial advertising/prequalification and solicitation of subcontractors, bid evaluation process and award.
- Develop and write all bid packages and subcontractor scopes of work.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills internally with Project Manager and Superintendent and externally with Owner, Architect/Engineer, and subcontractors.
- Previous experience with projects in the medical, educational and technology sector is preferred.