Tax Manager / Senior Manager
Strong Compensation Package, Excellent Benefits, Growth Opportunity!
- Bohemia, NY
- $100,000 - $160,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Kendall Tuttle
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
The Senior Tax Accountant will provide services under the general supervision of Partners and Managers. They will be expected to will serve as the principal contact for most engagements they are assigned and will be primarily responsible for all services performed on these engagements.
Why join us?
- Competitive Compensation w/ bonuses, annual merit increases, etc.
- Work-Life balance (4-day, 35 hour workweeks during non-busy season)
- Excellent PTO
- 401(k) with contributions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and additional coverage
- Monthly health club allowance
The Senior Tax Accountant will be expected to perform a wide variety of accounting, tax, and consulting services for clients and will be expected to be able to perform essentially all tax and related procedures, including:
- Preparation of complex individual, corporate, partnership & fiduciary tax returns and underlying work papers, including State and Local Tax (SALT) and potential international tax compliance in accordance with tax regulations;
- Review of individual, corporate, partnership & fiduciary tax returns and underlying work papers prepared by staff accountants;
- Review and supervision of routine outsourced accounting services provided to clients as performed by staff accountants;
- Preparation and review of high-risk or complex areas of outsourced accounting services;
- Assist with tax controversy services, including resolution of tax notices and audits from taxing authorities;
- Understand and research basic to moderately complex tax concepts and apply to client situations; communicate results with clients;
- Provide innovative solutions to client accounting and consulting needs.
- 5+ years in Tax and Accounting (Construction Experience)
- Experienced in various technology packages; experience in ProSystem FX Tax Preparation, Axcess, Engagement and Practice Management a plus
- Bachelors degree in accounting or tax required; Master’s preferred.
- Current active CPA License a plus; required to be eligible to sit for exam. Alternative credential (Enrolled Agent) acceptable.