A bit about us:
This company is a multi-disciplinary firm that offers accounting, tax, and advisory services to privately held companies, family-owned businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and high-net-worth individuals. With over 60 years of experience, they provide industry-specific expertise, comprehensive service offerings, and client-centric results. As an IPA top 100 firm, they are seeking to expand their team by welcoming partially remote talent. They offer competitive pay and flexible working hours, with an average workload of 50-55 hours during the busy season.
Why join us?
Generous paid time off and holidays
Health and wellness initiatives and incentives
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (with coverage starting on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment)
Short- and long-term disability
Flexible spending accounts
Tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees
3% profit-sharing contribution
401(k) plans with matching contribution (up to 25% of the first 10% 401(k) plan match)
Summer Fridays: employees can leave work by 1:00 PM from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day
Annual salary increases, eligible every July
Promotions evaluated annually
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Prepare accurate and complex projections, provisions, and tax returns in compliance with firm policies.
- Take ownership of client work, ensuring timely completion within budget and appropriate scope.
- Contribute to tax planning initiatives.
- Review tax returns, organize work papers, conduct self-reviews, and maintain an open item list.
- Analyze information, perform research, and develop alternative solutions in consultation with supervisors.
- Master tax software and research tools to optimize efficiency.
- Proactively manage assignments, clients, and workload.
- Motivated, organized, and skilled at multitasking.
- Positive attitude, cooperative, and flexible in assisting team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3-5 years of work experience with exposure to ASC 740
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Accounting.
- Comprehensive understanding of tax law.
- Proficiency in complex tax return preparation.
- CPA and MST qualifications are a plus.